UK DRIVER INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Leading up to your hire we appreciate it can be a stressful time getting everything organised. With that in mind we want your experience to go a smoothly as possible when picking up your motorhome. Below is a reminder of key bits and bobs you need for the day of collection.
Each driver must provide:
1. Photo card drivers’ licence (Address & ID must be up to date)
2. DVLA check code - Acquire code using link below and issue to Whittams along with the last eight digits of the relevant driving licence number. https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number
3. Two proofs of address as shown below (Address must match the driver’s licence)
4. Signed rental agreement (Templates can be found online if not already sent)
Proofs of address - you must provide 1 utility bill/statement plus one of the following:
- Council tax bill/statement
- TV/internet/landline telephone bill (Including Sky/Virgin/BT etc)
- Bank or Credit Statement
- Credit card bill
- Mortgage statement
Please note: all documents above must be dated within 90 days of the hire date unless annually issued like Council Tax. Documents not in the list above will not be accepted by the insurers, for example: mobile phone bills. All originals of the documents must be produced on the day of collection for copying by Whittams. Scanned, photographed and emailed documents are not accepted by the insurers.
1. All drivers must have held a full UK licence for a minimum of 24 months
2. All drivers must be aged between 21-79
3. Drivers can have up to 6 points on their licence (providing they are two minor offences)
4. Drivers can have no more than one fault or non-fault claim within a 5-year period
Policy Excess Notice:
The insurance policy excess is to be covered by the hirer in the event of any claim. The policy excess is not the same as the ‘Security Deposit’ which is taken on the day of hire and is security for ‘minor’ damages only. The policy excess is as follows…
- 21 to 22 years old … Individual claim excess @ £1500
- 23 to 24 years old … Individual claim excess @ £1200
- 25 to 75 years old … Individual claim excess @ £1000
- 76 to 79 years old … Individual claim excess @ £1200
Please note: It is possible and advised to acquire travel insurance & excess waiver policies. These are to be arranged privately by the hirer. Details to be provided along with the completed hire agreement.
Along with the DVLA check code and last eight digits of the relevant driving licence, the rental agreement form must be filled in, signed and sent back to Whittams Hire to review and arrange the insurance cover prior to the collection of the vehicle. This can be done by either posting the details and form to Whittams Hire or scanning the documents and emailing to email@example.com. On collection, the originals of the hire agreement, proofs of identity and driving licence must be provided for photocopying. Failure to produce these documents will result in the hire being unable to be arranged and any monies paid previously are non-refundable.